Tuesday 7 February 2012

2012: a year of film to be excited about!

It's starting to looking like 2012 is going to be an amazing film year so I've decided to put together a little list of my current top 4 films I'm excited about this year. This is my personal list but I would love to know what you guys are looking or even not looking forward to this year! So lets get started!




1) The Avengers
As a giant marvel nerd I was extremely excited when The Avengers film was announced, and it's finally get close (under four months now!!!). If you didn't know the film follows Nick Fury bringing together your favourite super heroes to fight back against evil! The avengers characters selected for the film are Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Incredible Hulk and Hawkeye and in this instalment they are fighting against Loki (featured in Thor). The news gets even more exciting when this film is getting followed by Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 and the Avengers 2. I cannot waiiiiit! The film hits cinemas on 4th May this year.
Full length trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3488652825/


2) Snow White and the Huntsman
Now I'm not the biggest Kristen Stewart fan (thanks for that one Twilight) but I have to say when I heard about this films, its content and then saw the trailer I was rather excited! I really like to idea of taking a classic Disney film and flipping it on its head! The special effects and the scenery look gorgeous and it looks like it's going to be a real treat for the eyes. The film follows Snow White (K.Stewart) as she is hunted by the evil queen. The evil queen sends out a huntsman so she can eventually consumer her heart and remain the fairest of them all - it looks amazing! As a little side note this is now my second film with Chris Hemsworth in it... Snow White and the Huntsman hits cinemas 1st June 2012
Full length trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-UMNSVX7_I&ob=av3n


3) American Reunion
I have to admit I was very sceptical at first when I heard they were making a new American Pie film, I mean Band Camp and whatever other camp they followed with were utterly horrible. But when I heard all the original cast were coming back I'd be lying if I didn't admit I got excited! Out of the bunch, this film is the wildcard for me - it could either be really good or really really reeeeeally bad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and can't wait to see what will happen as they all reunite. American Reunion hits cinemas 6th April 2012
Full length trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=8pEkyPKYSrw


4) Batman: Dark Knight Rises
I've loved the past two Batman's and I love Christopher Nolan so I couldn't wait to hear when the new Batman and now it's 2012 I'm more excited than ever. Dark Knight Rises is set 8 years after the events of Dark Knight and follows terrorist Bane coming to Gotham and Batman coming out of hiding. The film boasts a tremendous cast and considering the last two films I'm sure we're in for a treat with this one! The film hits cinemas 20th July 2012.
Full length trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8


I'M SO EXCITED IT'S UNREAL. and the best thing is I don't think any of these films are in 3d (win!). Are there any films you are all looking forward to this year, or any that you're avoiding? Get in touch via my Twitter page (@emmasreelworld) or though our messages!


Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment