Wednesday 8 February 2012

Cinema review: The Grey

Official film poster: The Grey
I have to admit, I originally had no intention of going to see this film but my friend dragged me along to the cinema and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The film was filled with suspense, sharp cinematography and strong character development that had you hooked right the way through. 

The film follows an oil digging team whose plane crashes in the wild landscape of Alaska, while the men begin their struggle for survival they quickly find out they are being hunted by a pack of wolves who see them as intruders. The film isn't all about a group of men being viciously attacked by wolves (well in some parts it is) but also about human nature and survival and has deeper meanings intertwined into a well woven storyline.

Each actor involved brings strong development to their respective characters which was one of my favourite elements of the films. Heading this strong cast is Liam Neeson who plays wolf hunter Ottway who as usual does a brilliant job and adds depth to his character.

Overall I expected the film to be a ridiculous and unbelievable macho film about beating the living daylights out of walls but I was completely wrong. The film is fast paced, jumpy, full of suspense and hits you on every level. Although I left the cinema rather depressed and feeling absolutely freezing (the sounds of the gale winds just made me cold) I actually really enjoyed this film and would definitely recommend it as a good film to start your year off!

Have any of you seen The Grey yet or got any other film suggestions? Leave them in a comment below or drop me a message on Twitter! (@missemmabuckley)

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment