Wednesday 15 February 2012

DVD rant: pointless packaging

Hey guys just a quick post today, or should I say a quick rant?

Pointless DVD packaging - my newest pet peeve. It seems these days DVD packages have to be more elaborate than ever, but why? Working in a DVD shop I find myself getting increasingly annoyed with cases and cardboard sleeves. Why on the earth does a plastic case need a cardboard sleeve? When I get a new DVD I'm exciting to rip of the plastic wrapping and then I have to pull off a stupid sleeve. It's so annoying.

And box sets? Why they think it's a good idea to put a disc in it's own individual case and then in a box which is in a sleeve is completely beyond me. Are they trying to annoy us or do they just really love plastic? 

I think what the manufacturers need is a new perspective. Aren't we supposed to saving the planet instead of wasting materials where they're not needed? I'd rather have a nicely designed standard DVD case and save on materials. Yes I know some of these sleeves are really lovely but they are a total pain and really unessential.

Is it just me who thinks this? Let me know what you guys think in a comment below or through my twitter (@missemmabuckley)

Emma x


1 comment: